Dr. Hang Yuan received his Ph. D. in the field of Virology in Wake Forest University. Since his arrival at Georgetown University in 1998, he has been studying papillomavirus and related diseases. He discovered the canine papillomavirus type 2 (CfPV or CPV2). He also established a new method of making canine papillomavirus vaccines. Currenlty he is searching for therapeutics against papillomavirus infection.
Selected publications on canine papillomavirus:
1. Yuan, H., P.A. Estes, Y. Chen, J. Newsome, V.A. Olcese, R.L. Garcea, and R. Schlegel, Immunization with a pentameric L1 fusion protein protects against papillomavirus infection. J Virol, 2001. 75(17): p. 7848-53. (PMID: 11483728)
2. Kuntsi-Vaattovaara, H., F.J. Verstraete, J.T. Newsome, and H. Yuan, Resolution of persistent oral papillomatosis in a dog after treatment with a recombinant canine oral papillomavirus vaccine. Vet Comp Oncol, 2003. 1(1): p. 57-63. (PMID: 19379331)
3. Goldschmidt, M.H., J.S. Kennedy, D.R. Kennedy, H. Yuan, D.E. Holt, M.L. Casal, A.M. Traas, E.A. Mauldin, P.F. Moore, P.S. Henthorn, B.J. Hartnett, K.I. Weinberg, R. Schlegel, and P.J. Felsburg, Severe papillomavirus infection progressing to metastatic squamous cell carcinoma in bone marrow-transplanted X-linked SCID dogs. J Virol, 2006. 80(13): p. 6621-8. (PMID: 16775349)
4. Yuan, H., S. Ghim, J. Newsome, T. Apolinario, V. Olcese, M. Martin, H. Delius, P. Felsburg, B. Jenson, and R. Schlegel, An epidermotropic canine papillomavirus with malignant potential contains an E5 gene and establishes a unique genus. Virology, 2007. 359(1): p. 28-36. (PMID: 17034826)
5. Condjella, R., X. Liu, F. Suprynowicz, H. Yuan, S. Sudarshan, Y. Dai, and R. Schlegel, The canine papillomavirus e5 protein signals from the endoplasmic reticulum. J Virol, 2009. 83(24): p. 12833-41. (PMID: 19812158)
6. Wang, J., D. Zhou, A. Prabhu, R. Schlegel, and H. Yuan, The canine papillomavirus and Gamma HPV E7 proteins use an alternative domain to bind and destabilize the retinoblastoma protein. PLoS Pathogens, 2010. Sep 2;6(9):e1001089 (PMID: 20824099)
For more information, please contact Dr. Hang Yuan email@example.com or (240)242-9826.